« Home | Citizenship: Gordon Brown he say yes!!! » | Sun-watch: If hospitals cure, then prisons must br... » | I'm not sorry, and I blame Allison Pearson. » | United in opposition. » | Oliver Kamm: nothing is too vile for me to try to ... » | Analysing throw away comments too deeply. » | Robbing from the poor to give to the rich. » | Celebrities ate my homework. » | Scum-watch: This issue is interesting to about two... » | Film review: Diary of the Dead. » 

Thursday, March 13, 2008 

Comment policy.

Seeing as I seem to be getting a few more comments lately (thank you to everyone who takes the time to incidentally, it's wonderful encouragement whether you agree with me or not) it's probably time for something approaching a policy on what is permissible and what isn't, although I'm hardly going to be strictly enforcing it.

1. Let's try and keep it as civil as possible - the exception being when someone so clearly deserves everything they get in return, i.e. Allison Pearson definitely yesterday, Kamm somewhat the day before. I'll always post a comment myself with the reason for why a comment has been removed, hopefully something I won't have to do.

2. Keep private/personal lives out of it as much as possible - unless rampant hypocrisy is in evidence. i.e. sorry to pick on you John, but what has happened on other blogs when he's commented and others have then sought fit to remind everyone of what he's served his time for is an example of something that's not going to fly here.

3. Anything I deem potentially libellous or wildly offensive that doesn't fall under the caveats in 1 is likely to be removed. Racism, misogyny, homophobia etc.

That should do it. If anyone has any suggestions, problems, then err, feel free to comment.

Labels: , ,

Share |

I didn't think your blog allowed comments. Rather belatedly, I have discovered I needed to click options on Firefox.

If you want a good laugh in relation to comments policy and hypocrisy at its best, Iain Dale's Rules of Engagement provides a good example...

Post a Comment

About

  • This is septicisle
profile

Links

    blogspot stats
    Subscribe

     Subscribe in a reader

Archives

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates