« Home | Crying over spilt liquid part 94. » | Weekend links. » | From Bulger to Edlington. » | Joyced. » | Yates in not trying very hard shocker. » | Rankers. » | The Maltese double cross part 4. » | Steve Whittamore's database exposed and Murdoch's ... » | Weekend links. » | That James Murdoch speech. » 

Tuesday, September 08, 2009 

Mercury music prize hilarity.

Worst winner since M People.  A shame that Burial didn't release his album a yet later, as he would have surely won against the line-up this year.

Labels: , ,

Share |

Ack. I must be getting old. There was a time when I'd have been yelling to anyone who'd listen about the penetrating awfulness of every act even nominated for the mercury prize. I've never even heard of Speech Debelle. But so long as fucking Kasabian didn't get a look in, I'm not all that bothered.

I'm still giving the Mercury Prize its 10 year free pass for giving the award to PJ Harvey in 2001. I find it's always a 50/50 thing for me, for every M People or Miss Dynamite or Klaxons there's a PJ Harvey or Dizzee Rascal or Antony and the Johnsons.

I wouldn't have minded The Horrors winning this year anyway. And Wild Beasts in 2010 please!

I'm gonna' have to step in here and defend Speech DeBelle, it's a fine album, some good progressive UK hip-hop.

The Mercury's is never about the best album anyway, like last year, In Rainbows destroyed all but Radiohead can't win it every year can they?

REPPING FOR DEBELLE!

Post a Comment

About

  • This is septicisle
profile

Links

    blogspot stats
    Subscribe

     Subscribe in a reader

Archives

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates